Estate planning involves much more than having an up-to-date Will. It is important to ensure that your assets are distributed in the most effective manner and without adverse tax consequences for your beneficiaries.
What is estate planning?
Estate planning involves considering what will happen to your assets upon the death of you or your partner. You may want to consider how to structure your estate to ensure it is distributed according to your wishes and ensure your family’s interests are protected and tax minimised. Our financial planners can help with your estate planning Gold Coast needs.
As part of your estate plan, you will need to consider the following questions:
- Is your Will up to date?
- Do you have adequate life insurance?
- Are there any tax consequences of how your assets are distributed?
- Do you have a binding death benefit nomination for your superannuation?
- Whether an enduring power of attorney is appropriate for you?
If you own a business, you may also need to consider implementing appropriate business succession plans.
Ways we can help
- Lockeridge Financial Advisory can consult with your solicitor to set up the appropriate financial structures to manage your affairs should the unexpected happen.
- We can source personal life cover to suit your particular circumstances.
- Investigate the most tax-effective options to distribute your wealth to family and beneficiaries.
- Provide the right financial advice to ensure your wishes are carried out and your family is taken care of in the event of your death
Contact our estate planning Gold Coast team today and see how we can help.